How to approach the XYZ Univ is a perfect fit for you essay?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: How to approach the XYZ Univ is a perfect fit for you essay?
By Pumpkintree (Pumpkintree) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:09 am: Edit

I know that the essays such as why XYZ University is a perfect fit for you is the place you get to show your sincere interest in the college.

But what if because of circumstances you can't visit a certain college and/or that school is a safety for you, which you really think has nothing special to highlight, then where would you seek inspiration and try to find out as much special stuff about the college as possible?

BTW, will it seem pretentious if attaching an essay saying why you want to go to XYZ Univ. when the college doesn't require such a thing?

Thanks in advance!

By Pumpkintree (Pumpkintree) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:18 am: Edit

Sorry I didn't see the post below "Reason to attend so and so."

So I would narrow down my questions to the last two ones.

Where do you gain inspirations besides a college's website?

BTW, will it seem pretentious if attaching an essay saying why you want to go to XYZ Univ. when the college doesn't require such a thing?

Thanks for your input!

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 11:18 am: Edit

Ask college alumni what they liked most about the college.

By Pumpkintree (Pumpkintree) on Friday, July 25, 2003 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Then how about your answer to the last one?

Will it seem pretentious if attaching an essay saying why you want to go to XYZ Univ. when the college doesn't require such a thing?

Thank you!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page