How to write SAT

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: How to write SAT
By Jayv85 (Jayv85) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:20 pm: Edit

Ok, so I took the SATs twice. Should I take my best math and verbal score and put that down as my SAT score? Or do I just take my best SAT score of the 2 and put that?

By Hsimpson2k4 (Hsimpson2k4) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:26 pm: Edit

It depends on the school you are applying to. Most will take the best combined scores because it boosts their reputation for US News, however, not all of them do. I think it is either Harvard or Princeton that takes the best score of one sitting.

By Serene (Serene) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 01:41 pm: Edit

You have to write the date on which you took the SAT anyway. so write both scores like
V730/M650 (May 2003), V690/M750 (October 2003)

By Apguy (Apguy) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 03:37 pm: Edit

Quote:

How to write SAT

First get a sharpened number 2 pencil. Then on a piece of paper make what looks to be a curvy "5" to get the "S". The proceed to draw 2 diagonal lines which join together at the top and then draw a line through the middle to get your letter "A". Finally draw a straight vertical line and a shorter horizontal line on top of that to get a "T".

Hope that helps!

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

Apguy~

Diagonal lines? diagonal lines of what? of the little box or or the whole form? I am confused and I cannot screw this up since it goes to an Ivy Leaguer. :(

By Apguy (Apguy) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 04:35 pm: Edit

It's quite clear that you're not ivy material.

I suggest you join the other failures at Stanford or Duke.

By Amagetdon01 (Amagetdon01) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 05:06 pm: Edit

I aspire to your wit apguy

By Mythspinner (Mythspinner) on Tuesday, July 22, 2003 - 05:49 pm: Edit

haha, funny fun fun

By Kewkiekid (Kewkiekid) on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 03:07 am: Edit

wait wait wait, those diaganal lines aren't supposed to be kinda parallel, are they?

i think i messed up

;)

By Soulofheaven8 (Soulofheaven8) on Wednesday, July 23, 2003 - 07:58 am: Edit

I'm confused, will someone translate the above instructions into English? PLEASE???

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page