How to get awards on resume?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: How to get awards on resume?
By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 08:34 am: Edit

Aside from the various contests of FastWeb, I'm looking to enter some contests in order to put more stuff in that section of my resume. And since Who's Who/National Honor Roll are crap... anybody got any ideas?

I'm in the art program at my school and will be entering several competitions through that, but I plan on majoring in the medicial sciences -- if that helps...

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 08:35 am: Edit

BTW, i'm not just trying to pad my resume just for college apps, it's more for scholarship apps (if that makes a diff) and just because I want to...

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 09:14 am: Edit

bump

By Nautical_2000 (Nautical_2000) on Saturday, July 19, 2003 - 03:59 pm: Edit

bump

By Tennizpro06 (Tennizpro06) on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 01:47 pm: Edit

Good question, sorry I can't answer it. I'd like to know also. Extra bump bumps.. :)

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Sunday, July 20, 2003 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Your question is too general. I posted a bunch of suggestions to someone who wanted math contests to enter. You need to figure out exactly what sort of contest you are interested in. Post here, but also ask your teachers in those subjects, or any kids you know at other schools who are interested in the same things you are.

Once you've found even one contest that sounds interesting, you can enter it into a search engince and hopefully pull up some lists of contests where it appears. Also, if you know a student who has won awards in things you are good in, google-search that student's name to try
to find other things they have entered. Also google search "academic contests" +"high school" +(subject)

Keep in mind that if you are a rising senior, you may not get results from any contest in time to put it on your application. Awards frequently accrue in the spring.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page