Latino needs your help

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Latino needs your help
By Miamiman (Miamiman) on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 12:51 am: Edit

Ok I'm a Foreign born latino student in Miami ready to enter my Junior year. I get my Permanent Residency in January of my Senior Year and I know that won't affect my applications or Financial Aid (at least I hope not).

So far My high school career has been quite well.
I come from a "D" rated school on an A-F scale (just like school grades) My school is in a low-middle class, and 80% latino. I come from an area that is sorta upper class, and I can list that my Parents make over 150,000$ a year (a lot of which is sent to family in Peru).

Ok anyways my high school so far is good.

Over 650 community service hours. (delivering cans to homeless, and underrepresented, and also helping in mentally disabled hospitals)
A 4 in AP chem and 5 in AP enviro.
my junior year schedule ( for next year)
is :
Honors History
AP Calculus AB
AP English
AP Art History
AP Spanish Language
AP Physics B

and im also in Mu Alpha Theta and have won many awards (over 10) in that club. I am in 2 service clubs and 2 other competing clubs. I can attest to over 20 competition awards. I also have been a State scholar.
I am ranked 6th with a 3.8/4.7 gpa.

MY QUESTION IS :
AM I ON THE RIGHT TRACK???
and what should do i do about that residency??
theres no way to speed it up

thanks for all your help
i go to Miami springs high if anyone out there is from that area

By Miamiman (Miamiman) on Thursday, July 17, 2003 - 01:03 am: Edit

oh by the way,

I am on the Varsity swim team, and im on the summer aquatics club for the city of Miami springs.
so im covered for athletics.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page