Teacher Recommendations: Not too great...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Teacher Recommendations: Not too great...
By Yahoo231 (Yahoo231) on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 04:23 pm: Edit

I have such a problem with teacher recommendations... I think I'm likable, but I guess my teachers don't. Please be generous and help me decide who to ask and who to avoid for teacher recommendations.
a) Mr. Nicety Nice
Pros: He likes me (he likes everyone), i did well in his class, math class which will def. relate to my major
con: sophmore year teacher
b) Mrs. jeykll and Mrs. hyde: this like has multiple personalties. some like me, some don't. Basically for the first half of junior year i was the star, and then for fourth quarter she detested me, at the end of the year we were basically on even terms. but still?
c) Monsieur Well-at-least-he-doesn't-hate-me, basically he has known me for a while since i've been in his class 3 years and fre3nch club for 3-gonna be 4 years. i'm okay in his class scattering of A's and B's, but nothing special
d) nice old lady -- basically she like me but nothing special, she taught math as well, she's retired now so thats either a plus or minus sinc eshell have more timje but will she want to write?
e) SENIOR YEAR TEACHERS: if i do ED or EA will this look bad that i get them to do it? Regular decision i'll def. wait and see
f) I've taken a college course at local community colleges and the teacher loved me this was last summer, is that too short? what if i take a cc class this fall{aug-dec.) can i use that for early?
If you read all this - I LUVVVVVV YOU! thanks

By Obh100 (Obh100) on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 05:06 pm: Edit

Definately the CC course and the teacher that likes you, anything thats not positive will be taken against you...

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Monday, July 14, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

I agree with Obh, definitely the CC teacher. The fact that summer courses are shorter doesn't matter. It's the same number of hours in the classroom, and frequently summer classes are smaller and teachers can get to know students better.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page