What looks more impressive?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: What looks more impressive?
By Delirious (Delirious) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Taking Linear Algebra senior year or taking AP Computer Science AB?

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:23 pm: Edit

Do whatever you enjoy.

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 12:25 pm: Edit

*Linear Algebra if you want to major in math - though calculus is generally a pre-req for it, you don't really need much (or any) calc to survive the class - it's more the extra experience in math. This is a good course to take at the college level if you're in high school.

*AP Computer Science (not sure, never took it) if you want to major in computer engineering - though I would recommened, boring as it can be, linear algebra instead. Engineers are required to take differential equations, which is similar in many respects to linear algebra, so it will help you out more in colliegate sciences.

By Delirious (Delirious) on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:36 am: Edit

I don't think I'll particularly enjoy either one, but I want to go into pre-med, and since most people don't get up to linear algebra in high school while tons of people get up to AP computer science...
Is linear algebra going to help me? Do colleges really like to see it on a transcript (its taught at my high school)?

By Serene (Serene) on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 12:59 am: Edit

I think Linear Algebra is harder than AP Comp. and hence more impressive. =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page