Recommendation letter....but my teacher dun speak english!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Recommendation letter....but my teacher dun speak english!
By Spectzix (Spectzix) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:48 pm: Edit

for international students who attends a school where the teachers dont speak english...what can i do?

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 03:05 pm: Edit

Good question. Have your teacher write it and you translate it. Or write it yourself and have your teacher sign it. But be honest if you use the second option ^^

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:15 pm: Edit

I would call the admissions office.

By Canadian_Idol (Canadian_Idol) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 04:25 pm: Edit

I dont think you can translate the recommendation yourself...I saw somewhere that you need to have it translated by a certified translator.

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 05:29 pm: Edit

Do you have an English teacher at your school?

Have him write one and help with the translation.

This assumes it is not the same teacher ... J/K

By Ariesathena (Ariesathena) on Saturday, July 12, 2003 - 01:01 pm: Edit

I have a thought for you: many American universities have extensive foreign language departments. If you can't get an answer out of the admissions office, have your teacher write it, make two copies, and send it with a note explaining the situation. Most likely, a faculty member will be able to translate it for the admissions committee. Make contact with the appropriate foreign language department.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page