Open Me!-Question about volunteering

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Open Me!-Question about volunteering
By Screwed4life (Screwed4life) on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 10:16 pm: Edit

Hey i was just wondering..do colleges know what schools require their students to do volunteer work in order to graduate or to get some time of award. In my school, there is no incentive to volunteer..you don't need to do it to graduate or to get a special award. In fact, this guy in another High School has to do 300 hours to graduate. Will colleges consider it more highly than my 100-200 hours. Even though I was not required to volunteer. Do the admission people know what schools require it and which ones don't do they give special consideration for the people that didn't have to do it.
THanks

By Screwed4life (Screwed4life) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:23 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Mrsanguine101 (Mrsanguine101) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 10:04 pm: Edit

hmm, I'm not quite sure if whether or not they would be aware of the circumstances. However, I would think that if they did, you would be the more favored.

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 11:05 pm: Edit

Colleges would know...as high schools are required to submit high school transcripts, which include graduation requirements.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page