Writing a book -good EC-?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Writing a book -good EC-?
By O71394658 (O71394658) on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 08:08 pm: Edit

I have a question concerning one of my activities. I'm a published poet (in various national/international journals and in the local newspaper). I'm currently writing and collecting poems for a book I'm planning to publish. Problem is, it won't be done until at least Fres/Sophmore year in college. Would this be a worthy endeavor to put on my application?

My question mainly stems from the fact that it really isn't published yet, and I don't know if colleges would give it any special consideration.

By 1214 (1214) on Wednesday, July 09, 2003 - 10:08 pm: Edit

For my Brown app, I placed one of my poems as an addendum. I guess it was considered to some degree...I got in. My anothology is in the works like yours. Just send an excerpt, and note that your in the compilation process. Good luck!

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 11:33 am: Edit

Thanks, bro.

By Mythspinner (Mythspinner) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 02:37 pm: Edit

yeah, I had the same question. I'm wondering whether to list my (unpublished) novel

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page