Junior Year Grades

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Junior Year Grades
By Robb_8987 (Robb_8987) on Tuesday, July 08, 2003 - 12:52 pm: Edit

I realize that colleges take all 4 years of high school into account when deciding who to admit. But are junior year grades weighted more heavily then freshmen and sophomore grades? What about senior grades, do they count? Finally, can an academically strong junior year make up for so-so (As and a lot of Bs, no Cs) freshmen and sophomore years, if I'm looking into NYU?

By Wjk323 (Wjk323) on Thursday, July 10, 2003 - 06:26 am: Edit

ok to answer your third question first...
think about it..not all schools follow the same curriculum.. for example..here in guatemala...some students here are elated when they get a B ...and C is considered good here as well. since the school is so damn mother of
(*^%*%* hard...

so what im trying to tell you is that..having B's and C's is not a big deal...what matters most is your SAT grades.. and your class rank...

ok moving on...i do believe that college looks at all four grades and what ive been told is that they like grades that improve..for example a 3.4 GPA freshman year to a 3.7 GPA senior year...so it does not necessarily mean that the JUnior year is the most important ....then i guess everybody would slack off till their junior year...

senior grades count as well..trust me...people say they dont but they do...expecially the last semester...dont get SENIORITIS...some colleges including NYU ask for midyear reports and the final transcipt..one of my friends was turned down from Pomona because his GPA dropped from a 3.9 to a 3.2...

and last of all.. NYU is my first choice.. so i guess im gonna compete with you this year for the acceptances...i dont know why im actually helping out an enemy but what the hell.. i have always been philantropic...kkkkk
hope this helped

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page