Joining the CREW TEAM

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Joining the CREW TEAM
By Reeses (Reeses) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Is anyone on a crew team at their high school or do they just have this sport in college? Would it be difficult to start it in college?? I'm pretty athletic and have rowed a boat before, actually led a 22 mile canoe trip too, would i be able to do it in college? do i have to try-out?

eh, can someone explain the whole sport if they know, thanks..oh yeah, this isn't the only reason i want to do it, but will it help with admissons?

By Cornellian07 (Cornellian07) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 11:29 pm: Edit

Yeah, I was on the crew team in high school. You can definitely walk on to the crew team in college if you want to. They do have cuts, so you need to be in good shape.

As for an explanation of what crew is... you have a boat, either with 1, 2, 4, or 8 people in it. If youre a beginner, you'll most likely be in an 8. You row as fast as you can, and try to beat the other boats. It's like a track race, but in a boat. Thats my best concise explanation.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page