My high school does not have a profile- am I the only one???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: My high school does not have a profile- am I the only one???
By Mike212 (Mike212) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 04:45 am: Edit

I keep reading about schools sending profiles with their transcripts - Will my high school just send the transcript alone or what?!?!?
Do I go to the only school that does NOT have a profile on their computers~???

By Serene (Serene) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 09:16 am: Edit

How do you know your high school doesn't have a profile? Well, if you really want, you could ask your counselor to include a description of your high school

By Mike212 (Mike212) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 03:53 pm: Edit

2 months ago when I first came to this site, that was the first time I heard about profiles. When I asked my firends if our school had a profile, they said - no - I am just thinking that Admissions might look down on my school when they don't see a profile -

By Chillax (Chillax) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 04:29 pm: Edit

your high school has a profile. every school has one. it's just a description of the school that your counselors write up to give an idea about the rigor of the school and how you place among your peers.

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 05:03 pm: Edit

No. You are just the only one.

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 05:10 pm: Edit

Every school has a profile.

By Momof2 (Momof2) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 06:09 pm: Edit

Well, out school's profile does NOT include any explanation of the grading system. I was told that a simple listing of available AP and honors classes was all that was required. Since the maximum possible GPA under our school is 4.1, I believe there is a big disadvantage in having no explanation. We have not found any other school with the same grading system. I am doing my best to make sure this is corrected in coming school year.

By Momof2 (Momof2) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 06:11 pm: Edit

P.S. - there was absolutely nothing included with our "official transcripts" except the transcript itself - no written material, no school description. Only the class rank gave any hint as to the size of the grade, therefore the school size.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Monday, July 07, 2003 - 07:00 pm: Edit

There are often explanations about ranks, grades and whatever in the guidance counselor's letter.

Also, realize that some admission officers from certain colleges observe classes and the like at some high schools and they write up an evaluation of XYZ high school. So a lot of colleges will have somewhat of a profile on your school anyway.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page