Foreign language at a CC? Please help!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Foreign language at a CC? Please help!
By Bullrider7788 (Bullrider7788) on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 12:12 am: Edit

Due to scheduling conflicts, I will not be able to take Spanish 3 at my high school next year as a junior. I will DEFINETLY take it at a community college (my local CC offers Spanish 3; the same Spanish 3 at the highschool level). Given that I get an A and take AP Spanish my senior year, will colleges be alright with this? Or do they expect me to take Spanish 3 on my high school campus?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

By Andymcgav (Andymcgav) on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 09:50 am: Edit

I am not entirely sure, but if I was you I would take it at my high school, because why would you go to CC one year to take Spanish and then go back to your high school to take the AP? You should ask your guidance c. too.

By Girlinbraids (Girlinbraids) on Sunday, July 06, 2003 - 07:06 pm: Edit

I don't see what's wrong with taking Spanish 3 at a CC, especially not if it's basically the same class. Also, if you jump into AP Spanish senior year and do well, admissions officers will see that you really learned something at the CC. I don't even think your situation needs an explanation from your counselor about the scheduling conflict because you'll be taking an equivalent class anyway. =)

By Bullrider7788 (Bullrider7788) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 03:57 am: Edit

BUMP

By Serene (Serene) on Friday, July 11, 2003 - 08:21 am: Edit

Don't worry about it! I took french... but only French 1, 3, 5 are shown on my transcript. =) And i didn't even take 2 and 4 at a cc =P

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page