Perfect Attendance

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Perfect Attendance
By Koori (Koori) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 10:46 pm: Edit

My school gives a "Perfect Attendance" award at the end of each year. Is that a trite honor to mention in applications? Would it be considered resume building?

By Needingananswer (Needingananswer) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 10:55 pm: Edit

sorry, i wish i knew the answer to your question... however if it is worth i mention i wish my school had it! perfect attendance all my life yea baby lol jk jk

By Tenista09 (Tenista09) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 11:01 pm: Edit

I would have perfect attendance but I never go to school on the day before Christmas vacation or Spring Break because nobody does anything and it's just a waste of a day.

By Noangel164 (Noangel164) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 01:04 am: Edit

We had the "perfect Attendance" award at my middle school. Yet a girl who was sick for 2 weeks got it, as did many other people who did not have a perfect attendance track reccord. But it doesn't matter, that was just jr. high

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 02:10 am: Edit

i got sick.

By Sirmoreau (Sirmoreau) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 02:27 am: Edit

I would have perfect attendence, if I went to school occasionaly, I usually take fridays off, until they send home those letters saying Kevin has missed 15 days this semester..blah blah if he misses 10 more days he will be F-dropped from many of his classes.

By Andymcgav (Andymcgav) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 11:39 am: Edit

That explains a lot :-)

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 11:44 am: Edit

Yawn...

By Koori (Koori) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 11:54 am: Edit

so...is this even worth mentioning?

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 05:33 pm: Edit

maybe if you get one of your teachers to add it in a recommendation. if they spin it off as showing your enthusiasm, commitment to learning, and eagerness, that might be a pretty big plus.

By Zapo1j5p8l1 (Zapo1j5p8l1) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

At this year's graduation in my school they gave a guy an award for perfect attendance from k thru graduation. I thought it was a bit sad.

By Sunshine916 (Sunshine916) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 06:42 pm: Edit

same here Zapo. i cant believe people dont even get sick!!!! EVER!

By Nuoli (Nuoli) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 11:17 pm: Edit

Or, better yet, that they come to school anyway only to infect us all. -.-'

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 09:27 am: Edit

What is worse...they don't even take Senior Ditch Day off!!!

(even when Senior Ditch Day comes after the awards have been handed out on Honors Night)

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 10:45 am: Edit

I think the idea of a perfect attendance award is ridiculous. They should basically call it, "Best Immune System Award". Secondly, the kids who usually have perfect attendance do actually get sick but they come to school, which is just so ••••••• selfish--Because you don't go to school when you're sick not as an excuse but so that you do not infect others.

GRRR--I beat up the kid who got perfect attendance in middleschool cuz he got my sick on the day of my big hockey game.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page