Random q's

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Random q's
By Tennizpro06 (Tennizpro06) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 04:49 pm: Edit

Ok, some questions here may seem stupid. Anyway, can someone explain early decision and early action? I think I know basically but where do you find the dates and information for this? Collegeboard only has this info on some colleges. Also, how are you guys studying for sat iis? I have to do bio writing, and iic, I'm doing books but I'd like to try some real questions, or tutoring or something different. Oh, how much harder will it be for a Chinese person to get in a good school? And how much fibbing is too much fibbing on applications.. so, some random questions that I probably should but dont know the answers to. Thanks-

By Oops (Oops) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 05:46 pm: Edit

Early decision means that when you apply, you have already committed to enrolling if the school accepts you. You can apply to only one school under early decision. Early action means that you appy earlier and get your decision earlier, but you still have a choice of whether to enroll in the school or not. You can apply to as many schools under early action as you want.

About "Chinese student getting into good school" question, it still depends on the school that you are applying to. Yes, it will probably be more difficult, but other "miscellaneous" factors can be just as important (such as geographical location, 1st generation in college, sex etc.).

By Serene (Serene) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 06:58 pm: Edit

For "where do you find the dates and information for this", check out the websites of the individual college admission offices.

And why Oops says "it will probably be more difficult"? Because Chinese are /not/ underrepresented at the colleges, in fact perhaps overrepresented at some! I think that should prevent any complaints about being a Chinese =)

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page