How is this for an EC ( prob the only one ive got )

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: How is this for an EC ( prob the only one ive got )
By Collegehell (Collegehell) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 04:35 pm: Edit

Ok ppl

I worte an article that got printed in the newspaper nothing amazing just about computers and stuff .......... no thats not the whole thing

Well i recived a letter from the department of technology ( too lazy to look at the exact paper ) they want me to come to a meeting to discuss the impact of computers on the youth . I have the letter and i can prob get a thank you note from whoever is incharge..... since this is the only major EC the rest is all community service and taking part in most things .... no leader ship positions wll this seperate me from other apllicants in ivy leagues

By Collegehell (Collegehell) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 05:00 pm: Edit

BUMP

By Winterfresh (Winterfresh) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 06:52 pm: Edit

I got my article printed on a website a couple of months ago. If you put it on your app im sure it would raise a few eyebrows.

By Serene (Serene) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

Definitely do put that on your app.

By Andymcgav (Andymcgav) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 06:55 pm: Edit

Sorry, but it's not that impressive. I've been in the Boston Globe, but I'm not even listing it.

By Collegehell (Collegehell) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 12:13 pm: Edit

Andymcgav: No offence but have you ever been called asked to advise a government department ?

PPL read the whole thing

By Rokko91 (Rokko91) on Friday, July 04, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Collegehell: Every little bit helps. Do you belong to any clubs? You don't have to be president but maybe chair a committee within the club. Just a thought.

By Smac86 (Smac86) on Saturday, July 05, 2003 - 02:28 am: Edit

Well, if its the only thing ya got, then list it.
Like Andy, I've got articles published all over the net and in some papers, and I'm not even going to mention it

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page