National young leaders conference..what is it?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: National young leaders conference..what is it?
By Rosejones (Rosejones) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

i just received an invitation to the "national young leaders conference" in washington this fall...what is it? ive never heard of this program? is it some sort of scam? what do you have to do to be invited? will it help me with college admissions? should i do it? anyone who knows, please respond!
thanks!

By Trojan1444 (Trojan1444) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 01:43 am: Edit

It's half scam and half good. You get invited based on PSAT scores. It's basically a week in Washington for kids interested in politics or business or medicine. It's nothing special but it's better than nothing.

By Rashmi (Rashmi) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 08:37 am: Edit

I got the invitation last summer-did'nt attend it though 'coz I was'nt really sure if it was not a scam...then they asked me to pay...and it was about history and politics and stuff like that.......so if you have the money and if you are a history buff-attend!

By Tobymcc (Tobymcc) on Wednesday, July 16, 2003 - 05:35 pm: Edit

This is a great conference. I urge you to attend. You will learn a lot about politics in DC. It will also look good on your resume when you apply for colleges.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page