MADE A STUPID MISTAKE

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: MADE A STUPID MISTAKE
By Screwed4life (Screwed4life) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 09:04 pm: Edit

Hey guys!
I only took one AP my junior year..i know i was dumb and deserved to be slapped..lol..but i am taking 4 next year..Will 5 APS be good enough for schools like UNC-Chapel Hill (NC Resident) I took honors classes too..and have had a straight A average with honors/one AP class so far.. The other thing that is negative is the fact that my school offers almost every AP class. Please give me your thoughts! Thanks

By Kluless (Kluless) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 01:05 am: Edit

My friend who is an average student with musical talent got into UNC-Chapel Hill with under 1300s SATs and only 2 APs. Five APs is too much, I think, for one year. You want to do well for all of your classes, not just get a whole bunch of Bs and Cs for 5 APs.

By Boycrazychick04 (Boycrazychick04) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 11:30 am: Edit

I thinking taking 1 AP class to 5 the next year might look a little desperate. I would consider taking maybe 3 or so.

By Screwed4life (Screwed4life) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 05:12 pm: Edit

Thanks for the help..but i just wanted to clarify that i'll have 5 AP classes by the time i graduate..So i ll have 4 my senior year..
The APS I will have my senior year are:
1.Calculas AB
2.European History
3.English Literature
4.Human Geography
The AP i took my junior year was
Environmental Science

By Knowledge (Knowledge) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 05:31 pm: Edit

I think 4 AP's for one year would be too overwhelming. I took Calculus AB this past year, my senior year, and it will be overwhelming just by itself. I think you should cut down to 2 or 3. For sure you should drop Human Geography. European History will require a lot of reading as will English Literature. Human Geography seems unnecessary. Definitely keep Calculus and English Lit., drip Human Geography, and consider dropping European History.

By Uncchlocalmayor (Uncchlocalmayor) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 02:34 pm: Edit

you'll get in here.

c/o UNC 2006

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page