Common App - Did anyone notice this error?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Common App - Did anyone notice this error?
By Madrigal (Madrigal) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 01:37 pm: Edit

When filling out my common app at app.commonapp.org, I only had the choice of enrollment in Fall 2003 and Spring 2004. I want to go to college in Fall 2004! What's up with that? Should I e-mail them??

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 02:01 pm: Edit

Are you sure that the Fall 2004 has been released yet?

Lots of applications wont be updated until Mid July or later.

By Needingananswer (Needingananswer) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:21 pm: Edit

the fall 2004 application is only released july 1st, today....

By Milano248 (Milano248) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 03:29 pm: Edit

yes i noticed this as well. Also, when filling out the college supplemental sheets, how do you save them? This is really bugging me. They say something about a red save or what. Can someone explain how to save these? Also i just checked: they updated the options so the enrollment year and everything is fixed.

By Canadian_Idol (Canadian_Idol) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 04:12 pm: Edit

is everyone using the online application?
anybody using acrobat?
or just traditional hand printing?

By Pricklypear203 (Pricklypear203) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 06:47 pm: Edit

if you want to save your info, click on the SAVE button at the bottom of the page.

By Unmatchedsocks (Unmatchedsocks) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 08:23 pm: Edit

How long should the extracurricular essay be? Like how many words? How in depth should it be?

By Serene (Serene) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 09:36 pm: Edit

I personally did college applications almost entirely by hand. Simply because I can't trust my internet connection/computer if I wanted to apply online. Plus having the application physically in hands also makes it easier to work on -- like, you can go from page to page easily, no need to worry about saving, convenient to make copies, and easy to do the traditional cutting and pasting ^^ And of course, the benefit of always being able to send additional material along with the packet. =)

For the extracurricular essay: Try to summarize all the important things of the EC you are talking about. Shouldn't be too long... ~100-150 words should be good. Or however much you can fit onto the paper.

By Nealp (Nealp) on Wednesday, July 02, 2003 - 04:34 pm: Edit

i like paper. although i am an environmentalist. when it comes to education and especially college admission, i use paper because it really is easier, and, i think, more personal since it is in pen

By Madrigal (Madrigal) on Thursday, July 03, 2003 - 08:46 am: Edit

But (as in my case) often not easy to read.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page