October SAT for ED

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: October SAT for ED
By Jtvoyager (Jtvoyager) on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 06:39 pm: Edit

Hi, new to the forum and I was just wondering if anyone could answer my question. I currently have a 1250 SAT (670v 580m). I'm going to take it again in October and I'm fairly sure I can raise that 50 to 75 points at least. I was just wondering if the October SAT was too late for the Cornell ED deadline of Nov 1. I'll have to send the application out before I get my score back. I'm sending a score report to Cornell, I'm just not sure of all the red tape involving how scores are recieved and read etc. I may just be stressing but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

By Xiggi (Xiggi) on Monday, June 30, 2003 - 06:57 pm: Edit

I always thought that October was ideal for ED.

However, you may want to read this thread on Cornell ED

http://www.collegeconfidential.com/discus/messages/8/140.html

By Anonmom (Anonmom) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 07:53 am: Edit

Your October scores can be received by Cornell for a Nov. 1 ED deadline--you may want to have them "rushed" though, just to make sure. Sometimes on their web sites schools will tell you what the latest possible dates are for testing to meet their deadlines. Last year, my son applied ED to a school with a Nov. 15 deadline, having taken SAT I and IIs on the Oct. and early Nov. dates. Worked out fine. We did rush the November scores, though.

By Marwanzeibak (Marwanzeibak) on Tuesday, July 01, 2003 - 06:23 pm: Edit

Dont worry about it. I applied early to Columbia last year and they received my October and November SAT scores. Also, it is recommended that the scores are not rushed. It is better to send them through the regular service. Trust me, they will reach the school in time.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page