Senior Year Schedule

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: December 2003 Archive: July 2003 Archive: Senior Year Schedule
By Almondjoy (Almondjoy) on Saturday, June 28, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

i got my schedule for senior year. even though it is full of APs and such, the order is a little screwed up. like, i have to take two religion classes in the same semester, and two music classes in the second semester (my school requires both for graduation). will there be problems with a schedule like this? i would think it would slightly raise my GPA in fall senior year since religion would be easier than say AP Gvnmt (semesteR). how does this affect anything, if at all?

By Starr8160 (Starr8160) on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:08 pm: Edit

i don't see it hurting you very much, if at all. you need these classes to graduate. however, i suggest finding a way to get out of it (ie. testing out, taking a similiar course which you prove to be more benificial) i wrote a letter ultimating allowing me to get out of my 1 year of gym requirement. my reasons were: 4 year varsity athlete (4 years of marching band waives the credit), freshman year i attended a math/science magnet school prohibiting me from taking the normal freshman gym class, and the class i am taking in is place is Health Occupations 2 (which they skipped me up a level)- Health is worth .5 gym credit, why can't health occ count for 1 being that it's a 2 hr block? it's worth a try. however it seems you attend a parochial school, it might be a little tougher than a public school. good luck.

By Starr8160 (Starr8160) on Sunday, July 13, 2003 - 09:11 pm: Edit

i meant that if marching in band waives it, why can't 4 years of varsity softball, 1 year of varsity swimming, 1 year of jv basketball, and 2 years of jv volleyball do the same thing.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page