Will this hurt me?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Will this hurt me?
By Mydavid (Mydavid) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 08:30 pm: Edit

i just finished my first year at a top 10 public university(first tier in usnews, allow me not to mention the name). i got admitted to cornell engineering as a transfer. but i just changed my mind. i want to go to stanford. i plan to apply for transfer next year when i am a sorphomore. so should i still go to cornell this fall and finish my sorphomore year there and then transfer? will that help my chance of getting to stanford because of cornell's name and prestige, or will that actually hurt me because it is strange for stanford admission officers that i transfer again?
i am really confused whether i should stay at my current university or go to cornell this fall? which will help my transfer admission to stanford?

By Hahaha (Hahaha) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 09:04 pm: Edit

If you are at a top ten university, i would say stay put. Switching around too much, as you said, can hurt your rep in front of stanford. Unless your current school provides no means by which to make yourself shine, it'd probably be best to stay there.

By Sac (Sac) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 09:12 pm: Edit

I agree, in terms of getting into Stanford, it would be better not to switch now. You might also have more problems getting credit for everything you've done if the coursework comes from too many different schools. But are you sure you won't like Cornell? Maybe you should take the bird in hand, so to speak, go there to finish your undergrad and shoot for Stanford for graduate school.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page