Case Western

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Case Western
By Hopkinslax (Hopkinslax) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 06:19 pm: Edit

How is Case Western as a school? I like how it sounds but I have never really seen it. How are the classes/life/town,etc.

By Sunshine916 (Sunshine916) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

i live 40 minutes away from CWRU, and many of the most intelligent kids at our school opt for CWRU over Ivies. i never knew it was such a popular school til i got on this message board! i am definitely applying there becuase i would like to go into pre-med...

classes-depends on what you major in. their new business building is amazingly awesome architecturally, although there was that one shooting. i heard the classes there are great by almost everyone who attends-a lot of business/pre-med/engineering kids go there.

life-you're in the middle of downtown cleveland, literally 10 steps away from the Cleveland Museum of Art, Natural History, etc. if you drive 10-20 minutes, there are a bunch of clubs/bars if you're into that sort of stuff. cleveland is HUGE and VERY DIVERSE and extremely lively. AND if you go there, LITTLE ITALY HAS THE BEST BAKERY STUFF EVER!!!!!! (if you visit, GO THERE AND EAT)

town-i think this is where CWRU might be lacking. their campus is kinda blahhh. its just a lot of slate and stone. not impressive looking at all. its definitely not the most beautiful campus, but if you're going there, i think the educational benefits overweigh the general drabness of the school. if you are willing to travel 10 minutes, Cleveland is a great town...

i personally live in a growing town 40 minutes away. i've been to CWRU several times for many reasons, and it is a great school! what are you interested in majoring in?

oh by the way, they are VERY well funded and give amazing merit-based scholarship packages.

By Hopkinslax (Hopkinslax) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 04:33 pm: Edit

I want to major in bio-x whether it be biomedical engineering, biology... just something for medschool

By Sunshine916 (Sunshine916) on Friday, May 30, 2003 - 04:54 pm: Edit

case western has one of the most prestigious biomedical engineering programs in the country. i know a lot of undergrads from cornell/harvard/yale etc who are doing their grad at CWRU. if you get 1500+ on your SAT's, CWRU automatically gives you a full tuition. well almost...i think you have to pay like $1000. keep that in mind. financials become a huge deal when you make that final decision.

i would DEFINITELY apply to Case Western if i were you. it tends to spit out a huge percentage of med students. good luck!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page