Is it that easy to get into Columbia Fu???

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Is it that easy to get into Columbia Fu???
By Wawalu223 (Wawalu223) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Quite a few people I know have gotten admitted by Columbia SEAS. All of them had average stats ie SATs in the mid 1400s, ranked 15/350. Some of them had not so great SAT II scores. One of them only got around 630 in writing. After seeing the stats of friends who got accepted I am starting to wonder, just how hard is it go get into Columbia Fu?

By Collegeguy (Collegeguy) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 05:50 pm: Edit

what's SEAS?

By Nymom (Nymom) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:06 pm: Edit

You need high math & science scores (750+), consistently high grades overall, and a demonstrated interest in science and engineering. I know of students who had the scores & grades, but who were rejected because the adcom did not believe the students were really interested in engineering (ie, don't plan on using SEAS as a backdoor).

By Wawalu223 (Wawalu223) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 07:40 pm: Edit

The point is these people didn't get 750 plus on math and science sat II's and the demonstrated barely if any interest in math and science.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page