SAT II test change...oing?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: SAT II test change...oing?
By Ccsgrl (Ccsgrl) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 08:17 pm: Edit

what happens if i take math IIC and realize that I totally suck at it. i know its stupid that i registered for it june, but whatever. i dont' want to pay 17dollars to change to literature of which i'm not as scared of. what if i take math iic, bomb it then take lit next year. In total, I will have taken Writing, IIC, and BIology then maybe Writing (2x), Bio, then Lit. will the colelges see my crappy iic scores instead of the highest? anyone get what i'm saying

By Me1 (Me1) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 08:24 pm: Edit

U can just go there & take lit instead. U don't need to pay more $ to switch it. The only one u have to pay more $ for is writing, b/c there's a fee to get your essay read. The rest are the same.

By Fatjoe (Fatjoe) on Wednesday, May 28, 2003 - 10:53 pm: Edit

hey
yeah so i bombed out on MY SAt II in writing and math (520 writing 580 MATh IC)SO i was wondering how this would affect my admissions to a high ranking school (not like a Harvard, but something like say GeorgeTown)
MY average is around a 93 (and that is going to go up to around a 94 by the time this year is over) on my transcript. Ive taken 2 AP's (us history and Calculus AB) and have various EC (such as soccer team, volunteer work, various jobs)
I plan on taking the writing and Math IC over again but if I didn't how badly would it affect my admission into a highly ranked college?

By Apguy (Apguy) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 06:40 pm: Edit

For Georgetown? Yeah, retake those for sure.

PS- How did you do so poorly on math if you have progressed to AP calc?

By Feath17 (Feath17) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 06:52 pm: Edit

It's not bad to take SAT II twice is it? I was told as long as you know that you are going to improve that it's ok (I plan on taking writing a second time).

Also, does anyone know if in the 600s for writing would be ok for BU's communications school? (That's what I plan on receiving the second time)

By Fatjoe (Fatjoe) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 08:27 pm: Edit

i did poorly on Math because its mostly stuff i learned 2 years ago and i guess i forgot it... And im getting a 95 in Calc... I guess i just screwed up on that day

P.S. DO college admissions officers accept letters explaining why you did so poorly?

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Thursday, May 29, 2003 - 08:33 pm: Edit

It won't make up for a bad score.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page