GPA question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: GPA question
By Jman85 (Jman85) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 09:37 pm: Edit

Does anyone know what happens with weighted/unweighted GPA's at the start of the admission process? I was looking, for example, at an Emory application and saw listed on their site that they look at the "B+ to A range unweighted"... does this mean they toss out lower immediately? (I'm a 3.28 at a very tough private school in NYC, but the number puts me just barely below and by the end of my senior year next year I'll have taken 11 honors classes)

By Arthur (Arthur) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:27 pm: Edit

isn't 3.28 a very low A- anyway? if that's uw i don't understand what the problem is.

By Jman85 (Jman85) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:40 pm: Edit

maybe the system's off for us... we have 4.0 at A, 3.7 at A-, 3.3 at B+... which would put me just below. If you know of it differently, I'd be curious what numbers you use.

By Harvardguy (Harvardguy) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Forget about Emory,Jman85 . Harvard is a great school and it's in Cambridge, Massachusetts. It is one of the best Ivy League schools. Trust me, it's a better school than Emory. It not only has national reputation but also is internationally known. I suggest that you apply to Harvard and forget about X. If you are not convinced about excellence of Harvard University you can visit their website at www.harvard.edu. You may think that I am biased, since I am a Harvard student myself. But being a Harvard student, I like to encourage people to apply to Harvard. Trust me, itís an awesome school!

By Andrew123s (Andrew123s) on Monday, May 26, 2003 - 07:23 pm: Edit

Forget about X? Is this a form letter?

By Elgreco (Elgreco) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 10:18 am: Edit

I think harvardguy should change his name into "harvardkisser."

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Tuesday, May 27, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

Yea because he's definately going to get into harvard, so he might as well only fill out an application there, right?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page