Visiting campus (MIT)

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Visiting campus (MIT)
By Mitwannabe (Mitwannabe) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 04:21 pm: Edit

i'm an international student and i want to visit the MIT campus this summer for information etc. I was wondering, can you also get interviewed on campus and get that over with, or does it have to be in your home city, because it would probably be most convenient to get an interview on campus and it would be a shade more intimate to have it in the surroundings of your aspiration! Thanks

By Harvardguy (Harvardguy) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:06 pm: Edit

Forget about MIT, Mitwannabe. Harvard is a great school and it's in Cambridge, Massachusetts and they also conduct their interview on campus at your convenience. It is one of the best Ivy League schools. Trust me, it's a better school than MIT. It not only has national reputation but also is internationally known. I suggest that you apply to Harvard and forget about MIT and their interview. If you are not convinced about excellence of Harvard University you can visit their website at www.harvard.edu. You may think that I am biased, since I am a Harvard student myself. But being a Harvard student, I like to encourage people to apply to Harvard.

By Piku714 (Piku714) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 09:47 pm: Edit

Ugh...ignore that guy. I don't know anything about international interviews; I'm sure you could find out more by calling the Admissions Office. What I can do is give you some advice about visiting MIT. If you really want to see the campus at its best, do NOT visit in the morning. Nobody's awake yet. The campus is most alive in the middle of the night. I first visited on a Saturday morning when the campus was dead. When I stayed there for a few days during Campus Preview Weekend, I loved it and decided to enroll there. I hope this helped.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page