Urgent!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Urgent!
By Good_Gal (Good_Gal) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 06:48 am: Edit

I AM VERY VERY CONFUSED AND EXCITED!
I AM WAITLISTED AT SMITH.
I have not been informed of being accepted from the list yet.
Today I received the Catalogue and Bulletin in the mail.Do students who have not beenaccepted receive this catalogue at this time?Has anybody not accepted yet,received this catalogue?
There's no letter accompanying it.
Could this mean that they've taken me and that the acceptance letter hasnt arrived yet?
Please tell me!

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 10:52 am: Edit

What is Smith?

Where is Smith?

By Cruelfate (Cruelfate) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:05 am: Edit

I hate to be the one to discourage you... but sometimes one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.... I hope I am wrong!

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:30 am: Edit

Good Gal: I'd say you are still on the waitlist. Many colleges just send out the catalog and bulletin to all students who have applied... I don't think there's any hidden meaning there.

Relax. The problem with being on a waitlist is that you have to, uhhh.... wait. I seem to remember seeing a web site that gave some statistics on the outcomes of various waitlists---but that would probably only add to the anxiety. I just tried to find it... no quick luck with Google.

Have you been accepted elsewhere? (just curious)

---

Beenthereil: Chances are good that if you don't know what Smith is, don't know how to look it up, or are too lazy to look it up... then anything I could tell you about Smith would be of very little use to you. But if you can gather the strength to move your mouse, try clicking on this. In any event, there is only a 50% chance that Smith would even consider you...

By Good_Gal (Good_Gal) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:45 am: Edit

i was accepted by 6 colleges,
uni of southern california
uni of iowa
rutgers
uni of rochester (where I'm going as of now)
macalester college
drexel uni

all the colleges i applied to sent me their catalogue after accepting me.
i was waitlisted on march 24th.
students accepting their offer paid the dep on may 1st. they said they'll take students from end of may. after knowing how many ppl are enrolling,they consider the waitlist ppl.
tiny tiny chance they mightr have taken me.
praying.
i plan to call them on tuesday- my birthday.

By Thedad (Thedad) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 11:48 am: Edit

There's also a write-up on Smith in the Parents forum, one of the first posts in the "Notes on College Visits" thread.

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Saturday, May 24, 2003 - 12:39 pm: Edit

With that great list of colleges to choose from, you should be having a very Happy Birthday! Of course it will be even happier with just one more present...

Be sure to have some kind of intelligent "plea for acceptance" ready to lay on them when you phone. It probably would not hurt any to ask to speak to an admissions officer---perhaps someone you interviewed with. It's hard to say what will nudge them over the edge. A statement of "Yes, I will certainly absolutely attend, if you say yes!" might help... they don't need any indecision at this point in their schedule.

By Good_Gal (Good_Gal) on Sunday, May 25, 2003 - 08:28 am: Edit

I didn't have an interview.i'm a U.S. citizen living in India. I do plan to call them on tuesday, with a good plea. thanks

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page