How Important are ACT subscores?...and GPA question

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: How Important are ACT subscores?...and GPA question
By Test123 (Test123) on Friday, May 23, 2003 - 12:00 am: Edit

I recently took the ACT and got a 30, which I think is decent. Yet my subscores show a huge swing, 31 english, 36 math, 30 science, but a 21 on reading. I just don't read fast enough to do all the questions in the short amount of time they give. How do colleges view the subscores? Obviously the 36 in math is impressive, but would the 21 in reading unfortunately offset this?

Also, I'm pretty much guaranteed a C this semester (2nd semester junior) in AP US History....its the only C i've ever gotten, but it will probably only effect by overall GPA by around .03, maybe bumping me some ranks. How does that effect my chances into getting into a school like Northwestern..is the C that bad if its in a difficult class and doesnt effect my GPA that greatly?

Also, if it matters my SAT was 1390, and i plan on doing SAT II in math, physics, and biology.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page