2nd Semester Senior Year Grades

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: 2nd Semester Senior Year Grades
By Clin61285 (Clin61285) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 02:08 pm: Edit

I've been accepted to UC Berkeley (engineering)... I'm taking a community college course in linear algebra and differential equations and I'm probably going to get a C in it. My high school grades have dropped a bit.... 2 A's 3 B's ....

Will UCB care?

By Tenisghs (Tenisghs) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 02:17 pm: Edit

People.....if you have above a 3.0 overall for 2nd semester, colleges will not rescind your application. My god. You gotta have lots of Cs and Ds for colleges to even reconsider your admission...

By Frick (Frick) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 02:30 pm: Edit

No, but if you ever send someone a transcript of 'college-level work', you will have to include that community college grade.

By Clin61285 (Clin61285) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 02:36 pm: Edit

Well... I plan on retaking that course again at Berkeley. So.... (sorry I'm being paranoid, but UCB is my dream school) Berkeley won't see my C and won't care about my high school grades?

By Serene (Serene) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 04:19 pm: Edit

I agree with Tenisghs. Don't worry.
Since the beginning of my senior year (when I applied to Ivy League), I've dropped 4 or 5 of my original classes and added 2 "fun" classes. I'm also in danger of a B in AP English. AND bad AP scores. Don't think they'll care. =)

By Crackcorn (Crackcorn) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:32 pm: Edit

I have the opposite "problem". My second semester senior grades will likely be straight A's including several AP's. Will anybody care besides my parents?

By Serene (Serene) on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 - 06:34 pm: Edit

well that'd give yourself a sense of accomplishment doesn't it? =) That's priceless.

By Divingin (Divingin) on Thursday, May 22, 2003 - 06:14 am: Edit

yeah, you're on a roll ... keep it up thru college!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page