Math Science and History?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Math Science and History?
By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 12:45 pm: Edit

I really like Math and Science, and i'd like to do something math adn science related when I grow up but i don't know if i am as insane as those kids who do physics for life. I like history as well, and its also a very good subject of mine, particuarly american history, but I don't want to do something just history.

What do you reccommend to major in..i'm applying to colleges next year and I'm not sure what I want to do...i coudl be happy doing so many different things, any reccomendation as to a major where I will find all of these? Perhaps like Industrail Engineering, Management, business/economics?

By Serene (Serene) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 01:00 pm: Edit

don't worry about it yet. you don't need to decide until your sophomore year in college, so I'd wait until then. Plus, the profs you get in college can be a great influence... and you might end up majoring in something completely different =)

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 03:58 am: Edit

Well if you like physics, major in physics.
I don't know what you talking about when you say "as insane as those kids who do physics for life."
Physicists aren't insane.

By Rockofeller (Rockofeller) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 04:10 am: Edit

History of science?

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 11:05 am: Edit

Lethalfang, I went and saw the kids who major in Physics at MIT, and well....i think you catch my drift.

By Brd (Brd) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 11:34 am: Edit

I second the vote for history of science. Though I will also note that, at least at some places, Astronomy is much like a "physics lite" major (I don't mean that disparagingly -- just that there is much, but not complete overlap).

Alternatively, since you mentioned business, you might look into an actuarial program.

By Dwayne_Hoover (Dwayne_Hoover) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 01:47 pm: Edit

history of science is still only history...i want something where i will use my history side but I want to do math and science.

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Sunday, May 18, 2003 - 02:09 pm: Edit

Archaeology maybe?

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page