Eligibility by Examination Alone

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Eligibility by Examination Alone
By Hbdesi (Hbdesi) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 03:54 am: Edit

Hey, i heard that the UCs have a unique admissions policy in which all u need is a minimum of a 1400 SAT1 and a 1760 SAT2 to be eligible for acceptance.

i was wondering if any of u UC goers out there got into good schools like UCLA, Cal, and UCSD using this system.

o and please post ur stats.

By Drusba (Drusba) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 08:35 am: Edit

California used to use a formula that used a multiplier in relation to GPA and SAT I and II scores and if you reached a certain score for the the particular school you were admitted without more. However, my understanding is that the California schools now use a whole-file evaluation where they make determinations not just on scores but also factor in essays, activities and anything required to be submitted. In other words, you can now get rejected even if you meet the formula.

By Wizzz (Wizzz) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 06:59 pm: Edit

I heard that the formula will get you into a uc, but not necessarily the best one. Basically, if you barely pass the minimum requirments your guaranteed riverside, but not anything else.

But for the schools your looking at, i agree with Drusba, UCSB and UCLA dont give 100% admittance for people that meet the minimum requirments (thats why the acceptance rate is less than 50). The minimum UC requirments are very easy too meet, basically just for C, 1000 sat students

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page