How is this schedule

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: How is this schedule
By Lki (Lki) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 09:59 pm: Edit

howsa this?
SOPH
AP US Gov't
AP CompSci AB
PreCal w/ Analysis
French 5 Hon
English 10 Hon
Chem Hon
Physics Hon

JNR
AP Calc BC
AP English Lang
AP French Lit
AP Physics C
AP World Hist
AP Comparative Gov't
AP German (independent study)
Health (required)
Latin 3/4 Hon

Senior
AP French Lang
AP English Lit
AP Art History
Multivariable Calculus
AP US History
AP Euro History
AP Environmental

By 4nn4ban4na (4nn4ban4na) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:04 pm: Edit

That is a killer schedule. Killer in the sense that you will most likely kill yourself with all the work you have to do and also killer in the sense that you will kill everybody else's college applications because that schedule is pretty much a shoe-in for an Ivy if you do well in all of them. Be careful though, the stress can sometimes be unbearable and sometimes you might just wanna take it easy, especially in your senior year (i.e. multivariable calculus =/ ). But if you can do it, go for it. Good luck!

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Too rough. Either you won't donate enough time to the AP which it deserves, thereby causing all your classes to suffer. This would also be disastrous to your AP tests. I also don't know how the AP U.S. History course is done in 1 year at some schools. We barely finish it in 2 years....

Seriously though, 15 classes? If you passed em' all, you might enter college as a junior..:-) But it'll probably kill you. Unless your school is pathetic when it comes to AP courses. Remember, AP courses are supposed to be college courses. A junior simply shouldn't be allowed to have 6 AP courses at your school. That's even more than the typical college student. But, if you think that's possible, then your school must be pathetic in the AP curriculum.

By Igotpants (Igotpants) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:42 pm: Edit

LMAO. Hey buddy, why don't you add the extra dozen or so to get the AP sweep.

By Heythere (Heythere) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 10:50 pm: Edit

LKI-I think you should do self study in AP spanish language and literature, I don't think you'll impress anyone with just french. Also--why not latin literature and Vergil? How abou studio art!? Your schedule looks wayyy to easy. Only 2 (!?) AP History classes senior year? 2? And where the •••• is AP Biology and AP Chemistry????

By Fender1 (Fender1) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 03:06 am: Edit

Jeez, I got into an Ivy and did like a seventeenth amount of the coursework as you propose.
Don't underestimate the value of a life in high school. These are either the best or second best four years of your life.

By Midnightdanzer (Midnightdanzer) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 01:00 am: Edit

AHHHHHH!!! i get a headache just looking at it!!!

but if you can do it, power to yoU! Good luck =)!

By Vaj (Vaj) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 01:33 am: Edit

Insane, you will go days without seeing the sun. It won't leave much time for EC's and that will eventually screw you over

By Chrisy (Chrisy) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 11:45 am: Edit

Dude, anything more than ten and you'll go crazy!!! Crazy I say!! But good luck.

By Chrisy (Chrisy) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 11:46 am: Edit

Dude anything more than ten and you'll go crazy! Crazy I say! but good luck.

By Tiatemeh (Tiatemeh) on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 - 11:18 pm: Edit

uh, did you just put this here to impress us? heh, no just kidding. WOW! I took the hardest course load availible at my school and my schedule was way easier (only four periods AP junior year and half a year sophmore year-APGov was being developed) Um... yeah, let me put it this way: You are going to die. or burn out. I suggest you get through sophmore year, and then see if you want to change your schedule. Really, in the middle of Jr. year, i just stopped caring about my stupid classes. Expect to burn out a bit. And maybe put a fun class into your Senior year schedule. heh, yay! Senior year I get to take ceramics... maybe! And I already fulfilled my art requirement! heh. Am I indulgent or what *sarcasm*. Good luck.

By Chrisy (Chrisy) on Thursday, May 15, 2003 - 11:00 am: Edit

I don't know, I've taken 9 APs, it was okay. maybe lki can handle 15? I would cut german and french (lang. and lit.)though.

By Dumbuket (Dumbuket) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 10:59 pm: Edit

I took 10 AP's, (and none of that softcore bs French or Art History crap, either), and managed it with three varsity sports, daily commutes to a research lab, and a video game addiction, (6 months cold turkey, now). I think if that can be managed by a genuine imbecile like me, then a genius like Lki here can get through just 5 more. Even if he doesn't burn out, though, I have to wonder. If I were an admissions officer, would I believe you really gave a crap about each and every one of those classes?

By Quarky (Quarky) on Friday, May 16, 2003 - 11:10 pm: Edit

THat's just... wrong -- one word for it.

By Maritimee (Maritimee) on Saturday, May 17, 2003 - 12:15 am: Edit

That schedule is bad in each and every way. It won't impress admissions much, because they'll categorize you as someone who would do anything to get into College X, even if you don't really give a damn about it, and you will hardly have time to breathe.

My friend did the exact same thing you're planning. She started hating school, hating people, going totally crazy because of that awful schedule.

A previous posted said that you should put some fun classes into your schedule-- I couldn't agree more.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page