AP SCORES

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: AP SCORES
By Kluless (Kluless) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 03:43 am: Edit

Has anyone ever had an admissions offer rescinded because of bad AP scores?
Do colleges withdraw admission offers based on AP results?
Please advise.

By Totoro (Totoro) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 10:55 am: Edit

I sincerely doubt it.

By Me1 (Me1) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 11:05 am: Edit

No, u don't even have to send your AP scores if you don't want to.

By ~the_Chosen~ (~the_Chosen~) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 11:21 am: Edit

Nah, they would want you to take more courses at their school, hence = more money. BUttttt

But then bad ap scores means you didn't study very well or the ap class you are taking is...crap.

By Ndhawk (Ndhawk) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 12:18 pm: Edit

colleges dont use ap scores at all in admissions, just for credit and placement

By Yourlocalmayor (Yourlocalmayor) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 12:55 pm: Edit

but the ap classes=difficulty, or lack thereof, of your courseload.

By Sdj6767 (Sdj6767) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 07:04 pm: Edit

I just took the AP Biology test today..Everyone I had talked to who took the test before told me how easy it was...it wasnt at all! Behind the calculus test (which i bombed) this was the hardest test ever! THe sad thing is that I am MAJORING in Biology and I fear that i might wind up with a one or a two! Do i have something to fear due to the likelihood that i did poorly? Will it impact what my college will think of me in any way? By the way, only five kids in my class of 22 took the test, and my teacher should've retired when she got her degree from Community College. Am i royally screwed or what?!!

By O71394658 (O71394658) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 08:11 pm: Edit

No. If only 5 out of 22 took the test, and you all did poorly, colleges would probably notice. The fault isn't yours, but your teachers. But, regardless, if you're a Senior, then the colleges shouldn't really care too much. If you're a Junior, then if the scores are bad (you should probably report them unless like a 1) you can explain why in the application. BUT, you shouldn't outright blame your teacher. Colleges don't like when you "push" the blame for your failures onto other people, even though it may be their fault....

NDhawk: "colleges dont use ap scores at all in admissions, just for credit and placement"

Absolutely incorrect. Colleges look at everything, including AP scores. Why wouldn't they? The tests are a reflection of how well prepared students are for a college level courseload in that respective subject area. Of course they have a weighing factor in admissions, as well as placement. If you don't report the scores, colleges will assume you're a coward and did poorly on all of them.

By Kelly_Johnson (Kelly_Johnson) on Monday, May 12, 2003 - 09:04 pm: Edit

It varies from place to place. This year's PSAT scores and all my AP exams, my TAKS exam (testing the exam for upcoming juniors), and my TAAS exam (required for a texas high school diploma) are now burned upon my transcript forever. In Florida, they only put FCAT scores on your transcripts. I would ask your guidance person if they put them on your transcripts or not.

A lot of state schools require AP exam scores, but private schools do not. If you do not send them, I doubt they will think you are cowardly, or even notice at all.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page