Summer programs worth for application?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Summer programs worth for application?
By Drdrumz (Drdrumz) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 03:35 pm: Edit

I am planning to major in Pre-Med and now i am debating whether or not to attend some summer programs like NYLF on Med or take one med-related course at the Columbia university. I am totally interested in the programs, so i am not doing it just "to look good." But i also am not sure if doing these programs are a plus on an application. DOes anyone have some ideas?

By Drdrumz (Drdrumz) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 04:46 pm: Edit

bump

By Drdrumz (Drdrumz) on Saturday, May 10, 2003 - 08:21 pm: Edit

bump

By Innotof (Innotof) on Sunday, May 11, 2003 - 05:54 pm: Edit

I think it's an excellent idea if it's your passion. Don't do it, though, if it's just to enhance your application.

By Katwkittens (Katwkittens) on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 - 03:32 pm: Edit

Did some background research for my son who received an "invitation" to the NYLF and determined it was pretty much if you have the money you can go thing. So in our family's book it was no honor. Instead he applied to programs which were based on his past accomplishments and his ability to contribute AND where we don't pay.
He will be doing research for National Cancer Institute for the summer instead.
There was a previous post about this NYLF regarding medicine, technology and law, and many others came to this same conclusion...like the Who's Who for High school students, a scheme to generate money.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page