Cancelling SAT 2s

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Cancelling SAT 2s
By Caffeind (Caffeind) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 08:41 am: Edit

My daughter received a 1520 on her last SAT1 but is very concerned that the SAT2s that she just took will not be as good. Since score choice is no longer available, she wants to cancel the SAT2 scores. Obviously, time is of the essence here. How badly would SAT2s at around 600 hurt her? She really wants to attend a highly competitive school. The rest of her resume should be excellent, especially since she will be attending the United World College of the Atlantic in Wales next year and should graduate with an IB diploma.

By Marwanzeibak (Marwanzeibak) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 08:58 am: Edit

Well it depends. If you daughter feels that she can do much better on them if she cancels them, and takes them again later, then she should. But if she feels she has done her best and there isnt much room for improvement, then she might as well keep the scores

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 01:16 pm: Edit

Furthermore, most elites takes the top 3 scores. I wouldn't recommend taking them over and over again but I don't think twice is excessive

By Dxiw (Dxiw) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 07:16 pm: Edit

which sat2 did she take? unlike sat the sat2 have very nice curves, many ppl come out of math2c worried and get 800's you can miss almost like 20 and get 700 so calm down..

By Marwanzeibak (Marwanzeibak) on Thursday, May 08, 2003 - 03:04 am: Edit

Yes, thats very true! The grading of the SAT IIs are very different from the satI. Raw scores of a 63 out of 75 on the Physics, and 43 out of 50 on the Math IIC are still 800s. I took the SATIIs in these subjects thinking I had done badly and was then shocked to learn that I had gotten 780s in both.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page