Clg course or AP Science?? pleeease help soon!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Clg course or AP Science?? pleeease help soon!
By Jasontoff (Jasontoff) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 08:03 pm: Edit

I need your help. I was planning on taking a nice course load of 6 APs next year--- but I have just been given the opportunity to take a clg course at Lehigh University (a nice local university if you're unfamiliar with it) for free. To take this course, and still handle the 7+ officer positions I have, I think I'd need to drop my science - AP Environmental Science. I am only taking this course because A) its easy B) its AP and C) most colleges like 4 years of science. I'll be taking AP Govt and AP Econ in school, but I am DEFINITELY going to major in business, and I'd like to take Econ at Lehigh U. as well....

so is it stupid to take 2 econ courses? I think it might be a little redundant, but I'll do really well in both and they'll be easier...plus I'll learn a lot more and be an econ pro.

but should I take the 4 sciences that Harvard and MIT recommend?

I'm looking at Wharton & Harvard mostly.

pleeeaseee post ANY advice asap! (form for class is due tomorrow)

By Jasontoff (Jasontoff) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 10:30 pm: Edit

bump

By Mzinn (Mzinn) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 10:35 pm: Edit

take a college class. you'll probably learn more and it will look better on your ap. Well it might not look "better" but at least it's a little different. You're also more likely to get college credit for it.

By Neyha (Neyha) on Wednesday, May 07, 2003 - 09:22 pm: Edit

nah APs are better...i have both and i wish i had taken more APs over college classes...
college classes are not as hard, but AP shows u know everything...atleast schools like berkeley and Stanford prefer APs...

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Don't drop the AP Environmental Science but do drop the AP Econ. Don't take two of the same courses - use the college course to take something different. If Econ. is required at your school, see if you can get credit for the college course instead.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page