Are brothers considered a legacy?

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Are brothers considered a legacy?
By Sizandy (Sizandy) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 01:26 am: Edit

My brother is a graduate of a school I really want to go to but my parents are not.

Could I use him? Also, I barely know my dad and my brother has been more of a father figure more than any other.. am i allowed to just skip my dad completely due to my dislike of him? Thanks for the help.

By ~the_Chosen~ (~the_Chosen~) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 01:46 am: Edit

No it is not a legacy. Some idiots may argue against me but they don't know ••••.

Although, mention how your brother received a "great" education at that college and how much it meant to him and how much it WILL mean to you.

They should "favor" your application, but by no means treat it as a legacy.

Remember, colleges love students extremely interested in their programs, courses, etc. SHOW THAT, it will help.

By Nyguy (Nyguy) on Tuesday, May 06, 2003 - 12:59 pm: Edit

yes it favors you. my friend at princeton told me how half the kids there also have siblings attend. its a cheap trick to get accept ratios up. deffered ED is also good to keep a consisten mix of students

By Divingin (Divingin) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 01:20 am: Edit

i know it helps for princeton

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page