AP Exams

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: AP Exams
By Mrworried (Mrworried) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 08:41 pm: Edit

I am going to take the AP physics exam in a couple of days without taking the class. Actually I wanted to apply to MIT and AP phy was not offered at my school, but I thought it would look good if I get a 5 on the exam without taking the class. So I got myself a guide and prepared very hard for the exam. Then I find out that AP Phy will be offered at my school next year (when I am a senior). I am surely taking the exam, even if I get a 5 on the exam as a junior, should I take the AP phy class as a senior?? what do u guys suggest? would'nt it be a waste?

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 09:13 pm: Edit

Are you taking the B or C exam? Is the course next year B or C?

By ~the_Chosen~ (~the_Chosen~) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 11:19 pm: Edit

It would be a waste, obviously.

Junior year, you scored a 5 on AP phy

Then they offer the course your senior year and you take it?

That's stupid, just independently study for AP Stats or AP Physics C or some other exam and mention that in your application.

By Texas137 (Texas137) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 12:37 am: Edit

If you're taking the B exam this year and the course next year is C, then you should take the course. If they are both B or both C, than I agree with the suggestion that you should find something more constructive to do next year(assuming you get a good score).

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page