School out of us doesnt offer many APs

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: School out of us doesnt offer many APs
By Ytinifni (Ytinifni) on Saturday, May 03, 2003 - 04:42 pm: Edit

i go to school in Toronto which unfortunately offers a limited number of AP courses

English
Statistis
Calculus
Physics
Chemistry

i'll be taking English and Calculus.

students who have taken the AP statistics in the school have said that it is easier than another math course which is offered - 'Algebra and discrete math'

is it better to take another AP, even though it is easier than another course? Will admission see that it is easier?

Also, will not having many AP's hurt acceptance chances, even though it has nothing to do with my not wanting to take the courses.

i've heard that admission checks to see programs offered at the applicant's school to ensure that they have taken the most rigorous courses available. Is this true? How do they do this

Many thanks!

By Jimjunior (Jimjunior) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 02:20 am: Edit

Dont feel bad, I go to a school that sends a very large percentage of graduates to top 25/40 schools, and we only offer 3 APs, including zero frosh through junior year

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page