De anza or santa monica college? need to decide ... please

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: De anza or santa monica college? need to decide ... please
By Caliwannabe (Caliwannabe) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 05:25 pm: Edit

they both claim to be the number one in transfer to the UC system and private universities...
please help me choose... out of these two community colleges, which one would you choose and why? thank you

By Hautbois (Hautbois) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 06:19 pm: Edit

I'm sure both are great, considering their transfer rates. If you want to be in SoCal go with Santa Monica, and NoCal go with De Anza. Or at least that's one easy way to choose!

Is there any special interest you have that might be better accomodated by one school or the other? That might be yet another way to figure this out.

And, finally, you might check the cost of living in each area.

Just ideas ....

I was checking the current transfer rates and couldn't find them. The ones I could find only went through 2001. Do you know where to find last year's information, by any chance? I was confused by the two schools' claims as well. Santa Monica clearly has higher numbers for UCLA. De Anza sends their majority of transfers to Cal. Sort of makes sense, since the location of those UCs correspond closely to the community colleges' locations.

By Militarygrade (Militarygrade) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 07:36 pm: Edit

Go to Mt SAC if you are in SoCal.

Best CC in the area. I go there, and just got accepted to UCLA and Berkeley for fall 03.

By L76 (L76) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Santa Monica's #'s are a bit distorted. They have so many transfers because they have an extremely large student population (32,000) almost that of the student populations of UCLA & Berkeley.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page