Need help from people who knows about Berkeley University

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Need help from people who knows about Berkeley University
By Mehdious (Mehdious) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 01:48 pm: Edit

I need help, so please answer me..
What are the average GPA and sat scores for students got accepted in Berkeley university?
Do they need sat2?
so is it hard to get accepted?
Is Berkeley city nice?

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

i hope your an international

By Mattymatt (Mattymatt) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 01:49 pm: Edit

i hope you're an international

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 02:02 pm: Edit

It's called the University of California, Berkeley. There's no such thing as Berkeley University.

What are the average GPA and sat scores for students got accepted in Berkeley university?
Weighted GPA is about 4.3~4.4, and average SAT I score is about 1350-ish.

Do they need sat2?
Yes, 3 of them at least. Most people have them in the mid 700's.

so is it hard to get accepted?
Not as hard as harvard or yale.

Is Berkeley city nice?
Nope.

By Sluggbugg (Sluggbugg) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Is it hard to get accepted?
Just under 25 percent of the freshman applicants from last year's pool (2001-'02) were accepted. Out of 36,099 applications, 8,912 were accepted, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2003 edition.

Of those accepted, 99% were in the top tenth of their graduating high school class. 100% were in the top quarter.

53% were female; 47% were male.

88% were from California, 12% were out-of-state.

I want to emphasize that not everyone walking around on that campus went in as a freshmen with a 4.0+ high school GPA and mega SATI/II scores. There are plenty of hard-working, upper-div transfers and grad students who are just as worthy of schlepping to class and graduating from UC Berkeley as the average incoming freshman with tests scores up the wahzoo.

You begin to prove your worth at Cal as soon as your feet hit the pavement on that campus. What you bring with you is no better and no worse than what anyone else has going.

The value of what you'll take with you when you graduate will be measured in terms other than good grades and test scores. Alright, you're always going to score some points every time you tell somebody that you graduated from UC Berkeley. But, it'll just give them the impression that you're smart, and then they'll hit you up for some dumb committee job...

Anyhoo, my feeble point is that being a Berkeley student doesn't entitle anyone to have a smartass attitude. I don't know where you're from, international or not, but I admire anyone who has the tenacity to ask questions in an open forum that is not in his/her native language. Go ahead and ask about "Berkeley University!" As a grad in Linguistics from Cal, I don't mind a language barrier.

By Lindy (Lindy) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 03:04 am: Edit

I got into Berkeley, but decided not to go there. I'm going to UCLA instead. Berkeley is actually the best UC in California. I heard the city isn't that great and plus, it's cold in North Cal. Also, the facilities (ie. Bathrooms) aren't as clean as other campuses. Berkeley is a politically heavy school. The students like to protest. They are often called "Berzerkley"

How'd I get in? I am valedictorian of my senior class. Ranked Number 1 out of 650. SAT, ACT, SAT II...all decent. The usual stuff.

By Mzinn (Mzinn) on Sunday, May 04, 2003 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Berkeley seems like the city that you either hate or love. Personally, I loved it there. It might not look as "pretty" as some other college cities but it has character.

oh yeah... its real name is "The People's Republic of Berkeley."

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page