URGENT! PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE! 24 HRS!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: URGENT! PLEASE HELP ME CHOOSE! 24 HRS!
By Letmein (Letmein) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 07:48 pm: Edit

Here are my choices. Keep in mind I want to go to law school, so placement is a concern. I am not sure what I want my concentration to be yet, but it will likely not be in the math or sciences. Please choose the school you would attend and give your reasons. Thank you!

Notre Dame, Michigan (Honors Program), Johns Hopkins, Rice, Swarthmore, Wesleyan, Williams

By Yourlocalmayor (Yourlocalmayor) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 08:29 pm: Edit

wow, tough decisions. pray.

By Letmein (Letmein) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 08:33 pm: Edit

Which is your pick mayor? Please! :)

By Docmom (Docmom) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 08:48 pm: Edit

Those are such diverse schools - size, etc. Did you visit all of them? How were the visits? What is your gut telling you?

By Howdydoody (Howdydoody) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 08:52 pm: Edit

Gut says probably Williams/Swarthmore/Rice? Which is your favorite? Any advice? Or do you like one outside of those three? I really appreciate anything you can tell me. :)

By Marthpodi (Marthpodi) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 08:57 pm: Edit

You need to weigh options and make decisions for yourself. Talk to family and review what you have learned about all these schools in the past - then decide. Don't count on people online to tell you.

BTW: I vote for JHU :D

By Apguy (Apguy) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 08:59 pm: Edit

I would go to either Rice, Hopkins or Wesleyan. That's as much as I can narrow it down too because I am not as knowledgable about Rice and Wesleyan. Good luck!

By Heythere (Heythere) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 10:53 pm: Edit

Swarthmore-if you want to work your ass off.

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 11:02 pm: Edit

Drop Notre Dame, unless you are a football player.

By Congocross (Congocross) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 03:47 am: Edit

Screw ND, Swarthmore all the way! Good Luck

By Kow (Kow) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 04:57 am: Edit

my pick: JHU
its a good school for math and sciences
good luck!

By Expataznamerica (Expataznamerica) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 06:42 am: Edit

Financial packages?

By Cbm (Cbm) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 08:50 am: Edit

I think a lot depends on the size and school atmosphere that you were looking for. Those are all good choices and you can get a good education at any of those schools. As far as price/value....pick Rice.

By Beenthereil (Beenthereil) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 10:48 am: Edit

Go and study with the "big boys"...

Notre Dame, Michigan and Rice...

By Jymfour (Jymfour) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 11:54 am: Edit

If you have a tendency to leave decisions for the last minute then I suggest that any of these schools will pose a problem for you. Having said that, I suppose if law school were my goal-Wesleyan would be my school. Forget PR and USnews, elite law schools love Wes grads. It is truly a special place and I believe it is particularly well suited toward law, econ, history/politics,and writing. The campus atmosphere reminds me of Brown in that the intellectual give-and- take is an education in and of itself. It attracts more down to earth students then the other "Little Three" schools or the Ivies. Location, resources and connections are wonderful. If, however, you've always wanted to go to UMICH Law...go to UMICH. If I were not devoted to Math and physics, Wes would have been first on my list...alas, their Math dept REALLY SUCKS! LOL. Whatever your decision get it out now, and make certain the post office date stamps it MAY 1.

By Dxiw (Dxiw) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 05:22 pm: Edit

Rice anyday..

By Morgantruce (Morgantruce) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 07:43 pm: Edit

You are fortunate to have so many excellent choices. I personally would narrow it to Swarthmore and Wesleyan--and then pick the one that seemed to be the best match for you, based on the criteria that you deem most important.

Obviously there are good law school candidates coming out of all of these schools.

By Demiurge (Demiurge) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 01:49 am: Edit

rice fa sho

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page