Penn state

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: Penn state
By Dhun (Dhun) on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 11:59 pm: Edit

ive become interested in this school over the past month. For the people who got in, can you please post your resume?

By Gum (Gum) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 12:03 pm: Edit

sat: 1200
gpa: 3.4
NHS, HABITAT FOR HUMANITY, BAND FOR SIX YEARS.
(international student)
its not hard to get in.
im not going there though..

By Docmom (Docmom) on Wednesday, April 30, 2003 - 06:25 pm: Edit

It's not hard to get in overall, but it is fairly hard to get into the main campus in State College. Many, many freshmen are required to start for two years at outlying branches, then attend PSU State College for their last two.

By Architecture (Architecture) on Thursday, May 01, 2003 - 07:34 am: Edit

I was accepted into the Architecture program which is very selective and decided (at the last moment) to go to PSU (will be on the main campus-University Park). My stats are similar to Gum's with a bit higher GPA

By Zerostylus (Zerostylus) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 12:13 am: Edit

we aree PENN STATE! learn your chant people

By Cornellian (Cornellian) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 01:01 am: Edit

Penn State could be confused with the Ivy so I wouldn't use it. I have a friend who got into Penn State and when he tells people he got in they say, wow the Ivy League. Then he has to explain how it's a state school and, obviously, it's embarrasing. PSU is starting to be the more popular name anyway.

By Apguy (Apguy) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 02:05 pm: Edit

That's because their alumni base makes up half the western hemisphere!

By Cvillelion (Cvillelion) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 04:16 pm: Edit

Sorry Cornellian, but more people confuse UofP with Penn State than the other way around. That's not an attempt to put Penn State on the same academic pedestal with the Ivy League school. It's a reference to Penn State's alumni association, which is the largest in the US. I do know that it bugs the heck out of the Penn grads to have their school confused with Penn State.

And Zerostylus has it right -- if you're within a mile of the football stadium on game day the cheer is . . . We Are -- PENN STATE!!

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

By Jenniferpa (Jenniferpa) on Friday, May 02, 2003 - 04:22 pm: Edit

How very true APguy. It's even worse if you live in PA (as we do). In fact my daughter's High School regularly sends over a 100 kids to various PSU campuses (campusi? LOL) each year! This, of course, means that PSU is the college they emphasize! One thing I will say for PSU is the Schreyer Honors Colllege is supposed to be excellent. Mind you, it is one of those places which states up front that admission is based on a combined SAT score taken at one sitting.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page