RUTGERS

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Admissions: 2002 - 2003 Archive: May 2003 Archive: RUTGERS
By Timepass (Timepass) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 06:32 am: Edit

Hi,I'd like to know who all got in,and do you plan to attend.
I'd also be interested if anyone knows how good their Engineering program is and how is the reputation of the school.
Thanks for the trouble.
Someone on the PR board says its as good as Stanford and Columbia,but I'm really not that sure.

By Gogirl (Gogirl) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 11:07 am: Edit

When did you get in?

By Lethalfang (Lethalfang) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 11:35 am: Edit

I think of Rutgers as a good university with serious academics, but obviously the PR board is totally bull on this.

By Timepass (Timepass) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 11:44 am: Edit

greeshma : Day before Yesterday.

Lethalfang : Thought so too myself.Decided on going to the School of Engineering though.

By Gogirl (Gogirl) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 01:15 pm: Edit

You finally made the big decision?

By Timepass (Timepass) on Friday, April 25, 2003 - 02:33 pm: Edit

I think so.

By Timepass (Timepass) on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 09:02 am: Edit

Does anybody Know if Rutgers offers merit scholarships to Int'l students?

By B18c1cx (B18c1cx) on Saturday, April 26, 2003 - 02:46 pm: Edit

Rutgers is an "ok" school. I wouldn't go out of my way to go there. The social life is VERY strained by the rent-a-cops who persue any and every situation.

i.e. I was walking down the street when I was stopped to see what was in my poland springs bottle. It was not vodka, just water. Rutgers can get confusing as well. The lower level classes are taught by morons who don't know how to teach at all (I have a few friends who attend and dislike it).

BTW, I live across the river from RU, and I was accepted, but would never go there.

By Gogirl (Gogirl) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 07:51 am: Edit

Rohan:Start a poll of IIT or Rutgers here.Just a suggestion.
Good luck.

By Timepass (Timepass) on Sunday, April 27, 2003 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Not that it makes any difference now,since I've already sent in the deposit to Rutgers.
I'll put it up sometime later...

By Timepass (Timepass) on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 12:48 am: Edit

B.....x
Well,I've decide to go to Rutgers,
Could you help me out with one thing though.I've got to decide on which Liberal arts college of affiliation (Rutgers college or Livingstone College)to "provide you with basic services
such as housing and student activities".
Any ideas which of the two is better to choose ?

Thanks.

BTW what were your STATS and where are you going?

By Kelly_Johnson (Kelly_Johnson) on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 01:27 am: Edit

This is NOT my opinion, only what I have heard: I have a relative that graduated from Rutgers, and he said that Livingston is the "opportunity" college for minorities who have not achieved a lot in high school. (Funny, they never tell you these things on the websites). He said that Douglass and Rutgers Colleges were the only respectable ones on campus.

By Timepass (Timepass) on Monday, April 28, 2003 - 03:39 am: Edit

Well douglass is a girls college,that leaves me with Rutgers college.
Thanks.

By Timepass (Timepass) on Tuesday, April 29, 2003 - 09:51 am: Edit

bump

By Intangible (Intangible) on Friday, May 09, 2003 - 05:53 pm: Edit

Definitely Rutgers college. Their academic rep is probably the best out of all their colleges. Only draw-back is you'd probably have to live on College Ave., which is great if you want to party 24/7, but not so lucrative if you're serious about your studies. See if you can get on the Busch campus for housing, it's a bit quieter and have by far the best food on campus (next to the infamous Grease Trucks). Btw, their engineering program is pretty prestigious. I'm not sure if it's on the level of Stanford/Columbia, but it's definitely up there.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page