I BOMBED THE PSAT....HELP!!

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: I BOMBED THE PSAT....HELP!!
By Collegebound05 (Collegebound05) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:34 pm: Edit

I know that this should be on ACT/SAT, but they won't let me post there for some God-forsaken reason. Anyway,I'm an African-American from Illinois. I did SO HORRIBLE on the PSAT.....I got a 174 (61v/52m/61w). I talked to the guy from Florida A&M and he said that I should become a semi-finalist for national achievement. is he lying to me, or are my dreams of a full ride at FAMU instead of just tuition and fees REALLY GONNA HAPPEN????

By Northstarmom (Northstarmom) on Wednesday, August 25, 2004 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Let us know what happens. The lowest score I have heard anyone getting National Achivement with was a 190. The sponsoring organization, however, doesn't publish the cutoff scores, so perhaps the FAMU person has inside info about cutoffs.

Good luck!

By Daniela5586 (Daniela5586) on Friday, August 27, 2004 - 10:16 pm: Edit

Umm...I think I got a 55 for math and 59 for verbal on the PSATS. I did SO MUCH better on the real deal, so I wouldn't stress. I don't remember what I got on the writing portion, but I got a 750 on the SAT II's. You didn't bomb it. Stop making people who did worse than you feel bad. Bombing that PSAT's is getting 40's or less. You're fine.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page