Chances? For $89 you can find out.

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Chances? For $89 you can find out.
By Thinkingoutloud (Thinkingoutloud) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

While looking at the College Confidential page on the services they offer, I noticed they offer a service to look at your statistics, activities, etc. and then give you an expert opinion regarding your likelihood of admission to a list of colleges. A lousey $89 seems pretty cheap when compared to the risk of spending four years at the wrong school.

By Jl87d (Jl87d) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 09:12 am: Edit

Bump, I'm curious; anyone done this? How did it turn out?

By Over30 (Over30) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 09:22 am: Edit

Do a message search with "stats evaluation" in the Parents Forum. There are several helpful threads there, and I'm sure there are others.

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 01:12 pm: Edit

i know a better place where they only charge like 60, and they are always right 100 percent about your chances guaranteed, let me tell you what you do, you first fill out an application to the desired college, do all the requirement, transcripts essays etc and in a couple of weeks you'll find out!

no but seriously for 89 dollars your money is much more well spent on actually applying, even if you pay the 89 dollars to see if you'll get in from some place that isn't the university, what's the point, youlose more by paying the 89, just have pacience. the only people who can really say if you can get in or not is the people at your given university when you apply

By Ocmom (Ocmom) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 02:01 pm: Edit

I did this and wasted $89. It is a joke. Don't waste your money.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page