Which Would You Pick? GTown, NYU (Stern) or George Washingt

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Which Would You Pick? GTown, NYU (Stern) or George Washingt
By Hunter1985 (Hunter1985) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:49 pm: Edit

Go first post on the "College Search and Selection" board!

Anywho, I'm looking ahead and I see a dilemma coming. I'm applying to Harvard, MIT, GWU, NYU (Stern), Georgetown, and Marquette (safety). Now, if say, I get into either Havard or MIT, I'll go there (Harvard before MIT). However, if I don't get into either, but I get into the other three, I'm left with a problem as to which would be better for me to go to.

I'm looking to study Econ, which would give NYU (Stern) the advantage because their econ/business program is combined, along with the benefit of studying in the financial capital of the world. However, I'm also (as those CC Cafe posters know) into politics- which would give GTown/GWU the advantage- location, internship possibilities, etc. Also, I would probably get a good scholarship from GWU, which would be really nice. Although, it's always possible to get into politics without getting a polysci degree, so I'm not sure.

Any advice? What would you do? I'll be asking my college advisor from my HS the same question, but it would be nice to get other college students perspective. Thanks.

By Brandnew (Brandnew) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:53 pm: Edit

I'd say Georgetown.

By Alexandre (Alexandre) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:16 pm: Edit

I would go with Brandnew...between NYU and Georgetown, I would pick Georgetown in a NY minute...pun intended!

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 01:26 pm: Edit

i think you should wait to be accepted, and then start worrying, i'd go with nyu if money wasn't an issue, because they are notorious for not giving a lot of financial aid, but if money was a concern i'd go with georgetown

By Scubasteve (Scubasteve) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 08:57 am: Edit

well it depends... you need to determine if you want to study economics or politics... between nyu-stern, gtown and gwu... nyu has the far superior economics program.... gtown has the far superior political program...

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page