Visiting on the opposite coast...

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: Visiting on the opposite coast...
By Angeldesignpro (Angeldesignpro) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:31 pm: Edit

Hello,

I'm a senior this year, and I'm looking really hard at Stanford. Unfortunately, I live on the east coast... even though I'm competitive, it seems like it would be an awful waste to fly out there and visit only to be rejected. It would also be a long trip for just a few days on campus, and I don't know anybody I could stay with there...

Would it really be bad to forgo a wrong-coast visit, at least until I get accepted?

By Familyguy24 (Familyguy24) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 11:49 pm: Edit

That's what I'll be doing, waiting to see if I get accepted. I'm from Mass.

By Anxious_Mom (Anxious_Mom) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 12:07 am: Edit

Lots of students don't visit until they are accepted, however if I were in your shoes, I'd suggest a "vacation" to San Francisco, and stop by and visit Stanford. Jet Blue frequently has great $200 round trip flights from the East Coast into Oakland, which is just a hop across the bay from San Fracisco, and a short driving distance from Stanford.

By Liek0806 (Liek0806) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 02:51 am: Edit

i personally recommend waiting until after you get admitted, you don't want to get dissapointed if you love the school and end up rejected.

as for me, i'm waiting till the schools in ny i'm applying to accept me, then i'll visit during spring break which is in late march or early april right before the deposits due on may 1. i live in cali!

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page