My unfiltered LIST, waiting for YOUR help

Click here to go to the NEW College Discussion Forum

Discus: College Search and Selection: August 2004 Archive: My unfiltered LIST, waiting for YOUR help
By Dreaming2005 (Dreaming2005) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

be honest, i dont usually get hurt by bad comments.
first of all, i am an asian, male, and living in florida. come america 3.5 years ago. but not planing on take TOFEL

my stats is here..
http://www.prstats.com/2009/display.php?user=dreaming
please go check it, but college list means nothing there. that was hard to change, hard to maintain.

i didnt take serious SAT1 yet(although i took SAT2 Physics;760 and Math 2c;800), but i predict at least 760 to 800 on math. I am working on verbal. i took a PR practive test(2002-2003 SAT/PSAT) a week ago and got about 580, but trying to get something about/better than 700 (but i am sure i can get at least 650~680 :-) i know it's really fuzzy but help me out guys ^_^

following is my RUFF list. i would like to go BME major(and perhaps double major with something else), and i prefer a urban-city with alot of creativity. size or college life stuff dont matter much for me. but i cannot be in extreme conservative environment.

Reach-Reach :: Harvard College, Yale,  MIT

Reach :: University of Penn, Duke, Johns Hopkins University, Columbia SEAS

Reach-Match :: Chicago College(, Rice, Northwestern, Harvey Mudd

Reach-Match-Match :: Tulane, Notre Dame, New York Univ

Match-Safety :: University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, UC San Deigo(2), Georgia Institute of Technology, Boston College, UF, Emory

i am thinking about ED to Columbia SEAS(because i love NYC, but open to any suggestions about other GREAT BME undergraduate in urban, that i might have some chances.)

and ALSO love to hear about my chances.. do i have a shot at Columbia SEAS or MIT or so on.. anything about my college list / my score and grade / chances would be appriceaed

attack me harshly -0-

By Bookworm (Bookworm) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 04:33 pm: Edit

Why not cross reference with ratings for BME? That should help narrow your choices

By Benzinspeicher (Benzinspeicher) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 05:37 pm: Edit

apply to Carnegie Mellon and Rensselaer

By Dreaming2005 (Dreaming2005) on Saturday, August 21, 2004 - 06:03 pm: Edit

JHU, UCSD, Duke are top 3 BME schools(graduate though) according to US NEWS, however i saw many CCers saying at undergraduate level there isnt much difference between school placed on 3rd and other placed on 10th.

do i have any chance to IVY or very selective BME programs??

By Dreaming2005 (Dreaming2005) on Sunday, August 22, 2004 - 04:13 pm: Edit

bumpage.

By Carolyn (Carolyn) on Monday, August 23, 2004 - 04:32 pm: Edit

UCSD should not be considered a safety if you're an out of state applicant. It's highly competitive for out of state applicants. I'd say you should consider it a match/reach. If you're applying to UCSD this year, you will need to take the SAT II writing test as well.

By Dreaming2005 (Dreaming2005) on Thursday, August 26, 2004 - 10:45 am: Edit

bump.

i will take SAT1 on Oct. and SAT2 on Nov.
SAT would be somewhere 770m and 680v.
and SAT2 Writing would be at least 640.

need more advises, speculation and verbal attacks. :P

By Sailorjane (Sailorjane) on Monday, August 30, 2004 - 09:56 pm: Edit

I think it's a little weird that you consider Emory and Boston College Safeties, and Tulane a match ... I would probably put it the other way around, also, I believe Notre Dame is pretty difficult to get into ... that's about all I have to say, except that all the schools on your list are great. I think your list could be re-organized, but good luck, you've got some tough ones.

Report an offensive message on this page    E-mail this page to a friend
Posting is currently disabled in this topic. Contact your discussion moderator for more information.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page